1 ½ cups blanched whole almonds
¼ tsp salt
2 large egg whites
- In a food processor grind fine the whole almonds with the sugar and salt.
- In a bowl beat the whites until they are foamy (just before they hold soft peaks) and fold in the almond mixture gently but thoroughly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and butter the parchment.
- Spoon the batter onto the parchment, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the macaroons in the middle of a preheated 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges, and let them cool on the parchment.
- Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in an airtight container.