Magiritsa is a Greek soup made from lamb and is associated with the Easter tradition of the Greek Orthodox Church
- 2-3 lbs lamb shoulder
- 1 cup rice
- Green Onion
- 1 bunch Dill
- Curly Endive or Lettuce
- Tsp olive oil
- Avgolemono (see recipe)
- Start with your lamb shoulder by placing into a pot, covering with water, and simmering for 1-3 hours, enough so that it falls off the bone
- Remove lamb from water and cut/tear the meat off the bone and into small pieces
- Take the boiling liquid and filter it clean
- Place the broth back into the pot
- Take a diced green onion and cook it with olive oil
- Place the cooked green onion, chopped dill, chopped endive, rice and meat into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook until rice is done.
- Add the Avgolemono and serve.